Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH APRIA HEALTHCARE!I called Apria Healthcare, my physicians CPAP vendor of choice, to get a cost comparison for new soft wraps for my mask.

The representative gave me a price of $21 vs. $9.99 which I found online. She said that I was eligible for a new mask and she said she would get back to me with a cost after she verified my insurance and coverage. I did not get a call back so the next day I called and spoke with a different rep.

She told me that there was already an order placed and in the que to be shipped. I told her I didn't consent to ordering anything and wanted to stop the order. The rep stated that the ordered could not be placed, that I would have to receive the mask and send it back but the mask was 100% covered by insurance so there was no cost. Since it was covered by insurance I relented on stopping the order and accepted the mask.

Six weeks later I received a bill for $71. I called the billing department and had to wait 24 minutes before I could speak with a rep. I told her my situation and her response was that it was covered by insurance but since my out of pocket hadn't been met yet the insurance company didn't pay anything towards the bill. She also said I can't return it since I didn't wait the 6 weeks to use it to make sure it was covered by insurance.

Really?? After waiting another 10 minutes to speak with a Level 3 manager I was fed the exact same answers -- no one caring that I never consented to placing the order in the first place. The manager was certain to tell me that if I don't pay the bill it will be turned over to collections.

It is no mystery why all of the customer reviews on Apria that I have found since this occurred are the worst I have seen for any product.STAY AWAY!!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of very bad customer service and lies. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of apria health insurance. Apria needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned apria health insurance in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Apria.

Comments

Portland, Oregon, United States #1195599

Very poor customer service==3 different calls to customer service with a wait of 20 + minutes==never did resolve the issue==evidently they do not pro-rate service==My order was cancelled on 6-21 and the service date was 5-20-16==one day after the billing and I was charged for a full month==very unhappy.This could be one reason why medical insurance has gotten out of hand as my insurance co.

was (I assume) billed for a full month and I was not using the device.Stay away from Apria!!