1.6

Update by user Jul 02, 2017

As of this date July 2, 2017 April has done nothing. The only way I am sleeping good at night is that I purchased CPAP products from another company which I paid for out of pocket, not through insurance.

Someone wrote to me that they would have the local company in Plainview, NY contact me, but this has not happened. The place I bought the products from said I need prescriptions from any of my doctors now.

However, I do not want to keep paying out of pocket and the insurance company does not use this other company. I am not allowed to change to any other CPAP company for insurance company to pay.

Original review posted by user Jun 02, 2017

I don't know how this company stays in business. When I first started with a CPAP machine in APRIL 2017, the doctor ordered nasal pillows.

They sent a full face mask. It took three phone calls to them to get it right. They told me they would call me to send back the full face mask since it was unopened. I waited two weeks for this call and it never happened.

Someone then sent me to the return dept. He took 45 minutes to get my name and address which he had on file. I asked him what the problem was. He told me the full face mask says it was opened, which it wasn't.

To this day no one ever told me how to return this. The doctor then called Apria and ordered heated tubing for me. I was supposed to get this when I first got the CPAP machine, but I got regular non-heated tubing. Then they sent me heated tubing which does not fit my machine.

The machine I have is on record. After many calls I finally got the right one. Nobody ever bothered to look to see which machine I have. After five calls I finally got the right one.

They didn't take the other one back because it was opened, but never used. Thankfully, I did not have to talk to the return dept. again. I also have nasal pillows which were never opened as I was very uncomfortable with the one I used, so I changed to a nasal mask.

They do not want the unopened nasal pillows back. Then I got a Airfit N20 nasal mask for her which is great, it was a size small since I have a small nose. However, the headgear is to small as my head is bigger than my nose. I see many people complained about the same thing.

My daughter concocted something for me so it will fit until I get the right headgear. I called Apria to get larger headgear. The customer service rep. said I would have to speak with a respiratory therapist to get this.

I explained I do not need a respiratory therapist for headgear. She said I may have to get a larger nasal mask with larger headgear. However, when transferring me to them on the phone I was left hanging for 15 minutes. I called back the next day about the same thing.

Another customer service rep. asked if I can hold for two minutes while she speaks to the respiratory therapist. Those two minutes turned into ten minutes so I hung up as I was at work. What I did was order larger headgear through their website, which I paid for, and did not need to order the nasal mask.

I don't know why they could not do this if I was able to do this. Meanwhile my insurance company is paying for all my CPAP items with all Apria's mistakes. Unfortunately, we do not have a choice of who we can use. The best part of this whole thing is one of the customer service reps told me they send wrong parts all the time.

I can see that through all the other 794 best complaints on here. This company really needs to be put out of business. Today June 2nd I got the headgear I ordered, plus a nasal mask from Fisher & Paykel who I do not use. No one at Apria knows how I got this nasal mask or where it came from, but it was in an Apria box with my name on it.

I told them then that I will throw it in the garbage. They did not care. I use the Airfit N20. This complaint has also been sent to consumer affairs, they had 794 “TOP” complaints about this company and these were only the top ones.

I will hopefully be the 795th. I also plan to show this and the other complaints to United Healthcare.

Hopefully they will change companies. By the way my local office is Plainview, NY, and headquarters 800 number was no better.

Product or Service Mentioned: Apria Cpap Machine Rental.

Preferred solution: Hire different customer service reps.

Apria Cons: Dealing with idiots, Horrendious, Customer service should all be fired, Return department has no clue, Lots of wrong cpap supplies sent, Custermer sevice, No ons able to give you a straight answer.

• bad service
  • Cpap Complaints

Comments

Birtha

Please refer to my November 29th post entitled "Apria Complaints & Recommended Actions" for advise on how to deal with Apria Healthcare. Good Luck!

Apria Reviews