They FORCED my mother, who lives on a very limited income, to RENT a concentrator for $13.71/mo, even though we told them she already OWNED one. They refused to deliver oxygen tanks unless she rented an unnecessary concentrator.

Then, they continued charging her for "unreturned equipment" even though Aerocare had already sent them proof that it had been returned. I took this issue up with Medicare and they are now involved.

Also, I made special trips to my parents to be there when the equipment was returned so there would be a witness. Both times, they stood us up, no show/no call. A few weeks later, he called her on short notice that he was about 15 minutes away (not enough time for me to drive out there).

When my mother asked him for a receipt for proof of return, he told her everything was ok - that he had everything, then left.

So no receipt, though I called today and the subcontractor, Aerocare, said she would AGAIN forward the receipt to Apria to prove the equipment was returned THREE MONTHS AGO. We canceled service with them after four months and are now with a very good service, one that only charges for the oxygen tanks and provides excellent service!

AS IF our seniors don't have enough to deal with already, those struggling to breathe DO NOT need this kind of stress!!!

Reason of review: Oxygen held hostage unless agree to rent unnecessary concentrator.

I didn't like: Forced to rent equipment i did not need.

Comments

WildWeasel

Please refer to my November 29th post entitled "Apria Complaints & Recommended Actions" for advice on how to deal with Apria Healthcare. Good Luck!