Hauppauge, New York
1.8

I received a prescription for a wheelchair after surgery. I was informed by Apria that this would be delivered and had gone through my insurance.

No problem. Great. Upon the wheelchair arriving, not only was I uninformed that this was a rental agreement, but they allowed "a friend" to sign the rental agreement. Fast forward five months and I received a bill for $216.58.

I was shocked, however; I figured it was a cost that my insurance hadn't covered. I promptly logged on to pay the total. Then I received multiple calls saying I still owed money. I called them back to inquire about their calls.

At this time I was informed that it was a rental agreement and that "a friend" signed the rental agreement upon the delivery. I had multiple friends helping out, however; I did not and my husband did not sign this contract. I asked them to take the $216.58 and credit the remaining $34. They continuously put words in my mouth, or attempted to, to get me to take responsibility for the payment.

Not once did they take responsibility for having someone unrelated to me in any way sign a binding rental contract. Being in the legal field, there are several areas of concern with this company. They of course would not credit the remaining balance because that is who they are and what they stand for.

I have informed them they will need to notify their legal team. If any of you have ever had a problem with them not explaining rental agreements, or more seriously, allowing someone not on conservatorship or kinship to sign a contract in your name and not explain anything to you, I encourage you to reach out for legal consultation as well.

Product or Service Mentioned: Apria Account.

• illegal