Youngstown, Ohio
1.3

A complaint with your doctors office, healthcare insurance and the state Insurance Commissioner. Why?

My husband was prescribed a CPAP machine in November 2015. Our insurance at the time was AETNA. A rep from Apria called my husband on November 5th 2015 advising the co-pay, advised my ins company already paid for the machine, and that a CC was required to be "on file". He was told our company paid for the machine in full.

Apria failed to disclose that this was a rental machine and that for 13 months the CC would be charged a rental cost. We did not pick up the machine. I tried to contact the company when my husband on the way home from work fell asleep at the wheel, crossed two lanes of traffic almost into on coming traffic almost killing us and injuring the passengers of 5 other cars. He needed the machine.

When I tried to call Apria I got the call center. I was put on hold, talked to a rep that was nasty, he put me on hold to talk to a supervisor and then disconnected me. I called the doctors who reached the branch and got a call from a rep there who advise they would have the branch manager call me back. She never did.

The branch rep wouldnt give me the regional manager's name. Any company that hides any information should be suspect. I also contacted my insurance company. They advised that Apria did not file a claim, they did not pay for a CPAP machine, nor do they have a record of Apria contacting them at all.

Apria advised they could never reach my husband on specific dates. His phone call log has no record of those dates.

In short DO NOT let your doctor use this company for your supplies or equipment. You will and your ins company (who can increase your rates for claims) will be dealing with a company who does not operate with integrity.

Reason of review: Misrepesentation.

Preferred solution: Contact from the Corporate Offices in CA.

Apria Cons: Dealing with idiots, Unsafe advice on damaged enteral food, Total ignorance of cust serv, Insisting i got something i never signed for.

• Cpap Providers