Well one night I had a ventilator failure on both ventilators my regular vent and my spare vent. We tried to call a therapist for help and were left on hold for 1 hr and 45 minutes.

Meanwhile my nurse was bagging me all this time which isn't easy. We called the tech support in CA and they were able to help us over the phone to partially correct the problem. Days later we found out that their international office that answers the calls is located in the Phillipines that why they can't understand us and we can't understand them. This is a very poor way of doing business when it involves life threating issues.

When we talked to an Apria Supv. the next day her answer was you should have called 911. We didn't call 911 because they would have put me on a hospital ventilator and then it would have been days until Apria came out to fix the problem and it is very hard to wean off of those ventilators.

I have been stable for over 15 years and I don't want to mess that up due to their poor customer service. Also my insurance company pays a lot of money to have 2 ventilators in the house and shouldn't have to pay for unnecessary hospitalizations.

Product or Service Mentioned: Apria Customer Care.

Comments

Birtha

Please refer to my November 29th post entitled "Apria Complaints & Recommended Actions" for advise on how to deal with Apria Healthcare. Good Luck!

Apria Reviews