Saint Augustine, Florida

I was in the hospital for 5 days in June of 2015. All bills from the hospital, the ambulance, doctors, etc were all received timely and paid for by my insurance and myself.

Now nearly a year later, I receive a phone call from Apria stating that I owed them money from my hospital stay and that my insurance never processed the claim. They could not tell me what services they provided or anything else to prove that I owed them money. They just kept asking me for personal information that I was not about to give out. After 20 minutes of arguing with these people telling them that I knew for a fact that I did not owe anyone any money, I hung up on them.

I then immediately called the hospital to confirm I had a zero balance and to my insurance company to confirm that nothing was outstanding. Two weeks later I received a statement in the mail from Apria stating that I owed them $238.65 for "adjustments" that occurred on June 29, 2015. I call them and low and behold, they still cannot tell me what the "adjustments" are and for what services they are billing me for that they claim have not been paid.

They tried again to get as much personal information out of me as they could but I would't budge. This has got to be a fraudulent company that is scamming people out of money by any means necessary.

Product or Service Mentioned: Apria Customer Care.

Reason of review: Fraudulent Billing.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Ask for copies of the SSRA( sales service rental agreement). If you received services from us you would have or relative would have signed one of these.

All of these are scanned into our system daily and will be in your account under "Delivery". Tell the rep or feel free to visit your local branch by all means and have them pull your name up and put an F beside your name and press enter twice.This will pull up ALL on your account.

Apria Reviews