Since Monday morning, after my APAP machine blew up Sunday night, I have been in contact with Apria dozens of times (total of 90 calls at this point including Apria, CareCentrix who is even worse than Apria, and Florida Blue).Even though I have an email from Apria (Jeanne Pearce) confirming the receipt of the Rx from the doctor, it is Friday and nothing has been resolved.

I have spoken to so many people, so many departments, supervisors, managers, after hours specialists, emergency after hours support, and I have one common word to describe them all. Useless. Useless because they are all liars, blame shifters, tap dancers, irresponsible, uninformed, and condescending. Their recordings on hold exclaim their size and how caring and compassionate they are - they are the exact opposite of those things.

They are so big they forgot that their clients that provide them with a reason to exist are fellow humans and their health is at risk. All of the roadblocks and stumbling is for validation, verification, but my insurance has no prior authorization requirement, no copay, and i've been a customer for about 20 years. None of this matters to them at all. At this point, I still have no commitment from them to fulfill the prescription, and even though I have said I would pay for the device.

They just simply don't care. There's no other explanation. They all promise calls back, and to date, not one person from Apria has EVER called back. I keep having to call, and I get other people, everyone says they understand the frustration, they say they will escalate, but escalations apparently equal black hole in their world.

I don't know how to get to upper management because I highly doubt they are aware of how in-human they are, and how terrible it is to do business with them. Even before this, their RoboCall supplies system calls repeatedly even after you accept or place an order. Every single day for days on end. Other times, their RoboCall forgets you exist for a year or more so getting supplies becomes a challenge.

At the end of this, my health is what is affected both from not sleeping, lack of proper breathing when trying to sleep, and the stress of the 90 calls I've had to endure with the inept staff. I don't know how people go to work every day in a healthcare industry where they disregard the actual patient's care. It's shameful at least, and should be criminally punishable.

They should have mandates for response time and responsibility to the health of the patient, as much as they do to their profit and loss and shareholders.Scary to think of how f'd up the entire healthcare system in this country has gotten.

Review about: Apria Cpap Machine Rental.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Preferred solution: I want prompt, courteous, HONEST, timely service..

I didn't like: Condascending attitude, Never calls back, No extension so you cant ever call the same person back, Lies and broken commitments.

Had an Experience with Apria?

Comments