After cleaning out my bank account by placing unauthorized charges on my debit card for a CPAP machine, Apria continues to file claims with UHC Medicare, we’ve had to return the machine after only 7 ½ weeks of receiving it, we’d end up homeless otherwise! It took over a month and many, many calls from me, my doctor, and UHC for Apria to even realize it had been approved for an entire month.

Talk about incompetent. Do a search of "Apria billing problems" and "Apria Medicare fraud". You will be sickened by all of the results. File a complaint with anyone who you can find an address for- your insurance company, Medicare, the Social Security Administration has a fraud reporting website, your state's insurance commissioner, Dan Starck CEO of Apria, Debra Morris CFO of Apria, Stephen Schwarzman CEO of The Blackstone Group who owns Apria, the BBB, the NHCAA, even make your bank aware of it if they've placed unauthorized charges.

Customer Service is nonexistent at this company and the billing practices are appalling. I'm not sure why Medicare even allows them to do business, they should have been shut down years ago. They have defrauded thousands of patients and continue to do so daily. Under HIPAA you have a right to your medical claims so you can see where all of these charges are coming from.

Good luck, though, we've requested several times with no response. UHC does not even have records of all of the claims they have filed.

Apria wants a credit card on file, so they can double and triple bill Medicare and steal from its patient’s accounts, before Medicare is even aware of the claims. This company is pathetic and shameful.

Product or Service Mentioned: Apria Cpap Machine Rental.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Apria Cons: Deceptive billing, Horrible customer service, Rude and incompetent reps, Overbilling medicare.

• DME
  • Billing Issues
  • Apria Horrible Service

Comments

I am also being scammed by apria... 2k for a machine we never used and returned to them .

Birtha

Please refer to my November 29th post entitled "Apria Complaints & Recommended Actions" for advise on how to deal with Apria Healthcare. Good Luck!

Apria Reviews