Received 2 HEPA filters that were dark and had a black, oily substance around the top connect area. I had to spend a few nights a month away from home.

Since Apria did not supply oxygen for these nights I used only my CPAP machine. I noticed I would be ill at home, but every time I went away I was fine. I thought it was my something in my house, but it continued. My hose connector on my O2 machine broke so I had to get a new machine.

It was then I decided to check my HEPA filter. It was filthy and had this black, oily guck at the top! I was livid and afraid for others that needed oxygen from those machines on a consistent basis. The new machine had a filthy filter, too.

The greasy gunk was on the top. I called and demanded a new one immediately. I was advised I would get it in a week or so. I raised holy heck for almost an hour.

Rep said the filter was not dirty but new filters came in black casings. I advised they were opaque smoke color, could be seen through and definitely did not have an oily gunk around the top. I now have 2 filthy filters and a new one to compare! Apria does not care about how sick they make people!

When I received the new filter the delivery man was was very nonchalant. When I complained he asked if he had delivered the new machine then shrugged when I told him "no". I did inform him he delivered the first dirty one. A shrug again.

Like the below complaints, I have received wrong/item size and was told I could not get it replaced till next order. (3 months). I have paid money to them and not received it back when insurance paid. The bill automatically rolls to collections and your credit report after 90 days, even if it is their fault.

If you pay your 2ndary up front as they ask, you have to open a dispute, send payment proof for you and your insurance and good luck getting it back.

I was forced to get this oxygen company because medicare stopped giving contracts to all but conglomerates. Please be careful!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Apria Cpap Machine Rental.

Comments

WildWeasel

Please refer to my November 29th post entitled "Apria Complaints & Recommended Actions" for advise on how to deal with Apria Healthcare. Good Luck!