2.4

Update by user Jun 20, 2016

Found out a few days ago when a friend of mine called my HMO(Humana) whom she also works for, and they more or less told her that I was NOT responsible for those charges. Like I stated before the card that I gave them to use was for the monthly rental fee for the CPAP machine ONLY which should be about $8-$9.

Update by user Jun 15, 2016

I read some of the reviews and I found out I was not the only one who has had a bad experience with Apria. The charge that was taken out of my account was not authorized.

The credit card they have on file was to ONLY be used to pay for the monthly rental of the CPAP machine.

I plan to take my business elsewhere ASAP. I am tired of dealing with *** No one at their customer service can tell you the same story twice.

Original review posted by user Jun 14, 2016

I received a new CPAP machine in April, 2016 when the one I had been using "died". I paid what I thought I owed and was told they would bill my insurance for the remainder.

I have Medicare/HMO and they normally pay 80%. Last night I went on-line and looked at my checking account which I do every few days. Well, lucky for me I did because Apria had had their thieving fingers in my account that very day! There was a charge for $127.90 which they had pulled without my knowledge, no email, phone call,etc.

or any other common courtesy had been extended. This was just 2 days before my SS check was to be deposited. Apria and I were lucky there was enough in there to cover this sizeable amount because most months two days before pay-day there is barely $10-$20 in the account. This may not seem like a lot of money to some but to me it is.

Needless to say I will be purchasing my supplies elsewhere. This isn't the first time I have had a problem with Apria but you can bet it will be my last!

Product or Service Mentioned: Medicare Hmo Health Plan.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Apria Pros: Some of the techs are friendly, Local manager was very nice, Individual reps are polite.

Apria Cons: Customer service hangups inconsiderate, Price.

Comments

As of today, July 18, I have not been contacted by April in order to resolve this problem. I really don't expect to be contacted by anyone! They just want to steal your money and hide!

Apria Reviews