San Diego, California

My husband has sleep apnea and the only respiratory care company in our town was Apria.After providing his CPAP (at THEIR convenience, not ours - waited two weeks) we've had nothing but problems with them.

SO many phone calls asking for supplies. Numerous calls to give them our updated insurance info. Took six calls to get them to change our address. I called them today and told them that we want no further contact with them.

My husband would rather pay for his supplies out-of-pocket than deal with them any longer. I've contacted his physician to relay our problem, but of course, they're the only game in town around here.

Avoid Apria at all costs, if you can!

Review about: Respiratory Care Equipment.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Apria?

Comments

Ed
Atlanta, Georgia, United States #916855

Possibly the worst company I've ever used.Their phone tree is a nightmare.

In addition to being spectacularly overpriced, they are inflexible and incompetent. But other than that...

they are great.

Laguna Woods, California, United States #885090

Sorry ..

in summer of 2013 prior to being released from hospital, it was required that I have oxygen set up at my home.Apria took care of the issue within a couple of hours without any problems.

Burnee

I totally agree with the previous complaint concerning Apria's lack of professionalism.First off they could not find my pulmonology doctor's oxygen requirements.

Once found two months later, they were extremely negligent with delivery of the portable canisters.

I was stuck in the house, tied to a 150lb concentrator and back-up canister, supposedly good for power failure with 28 hours of oxygen, well, we had an outage, and this big inconvenience lasted a meager 4 hours,tops.I could go on and on, the ultimate situation is their awful customer service department.....http://www.pissedconsumer.com/reviews-by-company/apria/apria-respiratory-care-is-the-worst-20080220113516.html#http://www.pissedconsumer.com/reviews-by-company/apria/apria-respiratory-care-is-the-worst-20080220113516.html#http://www.pissedconsumer.com/reviews-by-company/apria/apria-respiratory-care-is-the-worst-20080220113516.html#

oye ve
Chicago, Illinois, United States #612394

when I got my CPAP machine I was told I'd have three copays and then own the machine.15 months later I'm still being billed at the same rate, but for "maintenance".

What a ripoff.Can't even contact them to cancel service as their phones are down.

Disgusted
#612090

In the past two years Apria’s service has gone downhill.The drivers are not necessarily doing what is right but rather what is easiest.

When we call in there are often times when they are not willing to connect us to a supervisor to solve our problem with it wasn’t solved before. They’ve lied to us especially concerning delivery of products. We talked to a lawyer and she suggests documenting all requests and all items they promise to deliver and fail to do so. We were told by her to document dates, times, reasons and Apria employee names.

Also from now on when we call we will be recording the phone calls without them being aware of it.Should we decide to file a lawsuit we will post the name of the lawyer for any class action procedures.

to Disgusted #714761

class action law suit, sounds great! they have been putting me thru *** for years despite two insurance policies and a very sick child

poorservice@apria
Denver, Colorado, United States #608975

My mother is very sick and her doctors office called in 02 order to apria, and that was at 3:30 pm mountain time on 2/13/13,as of 2:40pm mountain time on 2/14/13 she has yet to get a call or be set up with her 02!!her 02 sats are at 78% which is very low.

After several phone calls we were told different things by different CSR. I would not have my dog set up by this terrible company!! unfortunatley my mothers insurance only allows for apria to set it up! They dont care about patient care!!

and they need to work on thier CSR phone skills!!! Terrible customer service. I would not recommend this company to anyone. Just goes to show that big companies cant provide the service they say they can.

Its my greatest hope that they go out of business!!!!:(

tifosi
Irvine, California, United States #607277

Worst Customer Service ever...!!!I have been trying for weeks now to get a replacement mask and hoses.

Nothing but sheer incompetence...mistake after mistake...still no replacement parts.Considering getting the parts on my own...

Bob

Know someone who works for Apria.She says they over work their employees, expect 2 days worth of work in one.When people leave they do not replace them.

They just dump the work off on other enployees.

She told one manager that we are working very hard and he snapped back at her and said "you are going to have to learn to work smarter".In other words do more work in less time.

Gary Lang Jr.

TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!company they have lied to my sick daddy for weeks...its the same thing every time.

He ran out of oxygen before they finaly got it correct.He ordered a shoulder carry oxygen 5 weeks ago and its still not in, when ask about it they said without laughing that the doctor ordered it but he did not order it with oxygen in it so they are sending an empty bottle....WHAT A *** COMPANY........LIE AFTER LIE AFTER LIE.......you lost a good customer cause we changed.