1.6
Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

Update by user May 06, 2016

I have asthma, and need these parts.

Shame on you Apria for putting me through this!

Original review posted by user May 05, 2016

I have asthma induced COPD (and am currently in the middle of one of the worst asthma attacks I have had to date), and have been actively trying to purchase a new nebulizer cup from Apria Healthcare since March 23, 2016.

History:

On March 23, 2016 while using my PARI PRONEB Ultra Nebulizer, I noticed that the "Replace NEB Cup" sticker had changed color (indicating that the nebulizer cup needed to be replaced). I called Apria Healthcare (800-900-0305) and ordered a new "NEB PARI LC PLUS" (new cup and tubing).

On April 8, 2016 I called the Apria customer service group again and after being put on hold 2-3 times and remaining on the line for about 8 minutes, I was told that something happened and the order had not been processed. The Customer Service Rep told me she would make sure the order was placed and I would receive it promptly. Note: By this time, I noticed that my nebulizer cup was damaged but I had no choice other than to keep using it to help control my asthma.

On April 15, 2016 I called the Apria Customer Service Group yet again and told them my nebulizer cup was damaged and where was the new cup I had ordered previously. This time I was put on hold 2-3 more times and remained on the line for yet another 8 minutes or so. They said they placed the order and that someone would call me to confirm payment (which they never did), and I will receive it in 7-9 business days.

On April 28, 2016 I called Apria Customer Service and demanded to speak with a supervisor. I was placed on hold for almost 10 minutes before Jasmine (supervisor) came on the line. I told her what was happening and that my nebulizer cup was damaged, that I was in the middle of a bad asthma attack and I needed a replacement nebulizer cup. I also asked her how they are able to stay in business if they cannot successfully take orders and ship product. Additionally, I suggested to her that they start living/supporting their mission statement "Customers are the best part of Apria", as clearly they don't care if their customers are having trouble breathing! In total I was on this call for 23 minutes, most of which was on hold while she checked this and that. She apologized several times and promised me that I would receive my nebulizer cup and tubing at the latest on May 2nd or 3rd, 2016.

I did receive a call last Friday asking if they could charge my co-pay to the credit card on file. I approved this charge.

To date, I have NOT received the new nebulizer cup and tubing, nor have I received a call from the company telling me there is a problem. So I have resorted to filing this complaint here on this site, with my insurance company and other places online in hopes that it will get their attention.

In the meantime, I am still struggling with my asthma and am using a damaged nebulizer cup which I believe is not functioning as well as it should. Thus, I do not believe I am getting the full benefit from my nebulizer that I should.

I am hoping that you help me get the supplies that I need.

This reviewer shared experience about "not able to receive much needed parts for my nebulizer" and wants this business to have the product delivered. The author is overall dissatisfied with Apria and uploaded a picture. The most disappointing about pari proneb ultra nebulizer from Apria was being put on hold multiple times, having to call multiple times to get product ordered and still have not received nebulizer replacement parts , but reviewer liked brea facility office receptionist is helpful. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Apria.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Insurance category for more informed decision or compare Apria to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Apria?

Comments

Stop whining and playing victim, you sound incredibly needy and profoundly annoying!

Next time you have one of these imaginary "worst asthma attacks of your life", instead of waiting over a month stalking customer service and whining to strangers on the internet, just go out and get it yourself!

I bet the taxpayers have to foot the bill too....

to Anonymous #1155127

Who the *** do you think you are to post such a vicious comment which clearly you know nothing of the circumstances.

to Anonymous #1155418

Wow u sound like a real ***.This person is having a problem and u tell him or her to stop whining.

The customer service are supposed to help not keep people waiting forever for something they need. I'm going through the same thing with my *** machine it's not recording my hours and I'm calling them all the time or as u might say stalking them.

My machine is obviously not working right and they won't help me.It seems to me once they drop the equipment off they are done with you.

to Anonymous #1159807

Wow Anonymous Being A Little Hard On The Lady you Don't Know Her what Her Problem was And to Make A Comment Like That WS Having No Respect For Her Yes Apria Sucks And U Know U Do Too Thank You And have A Nice Day