Deltona, Florida

Update by user Dec 29, 2011

Woooops. Well, get this: After 2 reps at Apria told me they absolutely could not process my order during 2011, a supervisor called me back 2 hours later to say, \"Yes, they could.\" So, kudos to Apria for making good. Just wish they hadn\'t told me twice that it couldn\'t be done!

Original review posted by user Dec 29, 2011

I wanted to order equipment for my CPAP machine from Apria --- which, of course, is the only provider available my my insurer --- before the end of the year so that I wouldn't be charged another $80 in deductibles for a filter and a couple of other pieces of equipment that cost $10 to manufacture. So I called on Dec.

28 only to be told that the order could not be processed until 2012 because the company was overwhelmed with orders and its supplier was --- GET THIS --- taking Dec. 30 off!!!!! So once again, I get royally screwed by a health-care provider. Is there still anyone out there besides Congress who believes our health care system IS NOT broken???

Even if you are lucky enough to be paying $1,000 a month for insurance, health-care providers can just give you the middle finger and say, "Too bad, sucker!

You can wait until after the new year and pay us another $80 for the supplies. Because there's nothing you can do about it and we don't care!!"

Product or Service Mentioned: Apria Health Insurance.

Comments

Should consider a different Insurance company one that will let you chose from multiple DME providers. It's a shame when Insurance companies only allow one provider that they chose for you.

I think an insurance company would want to partner with the best Dme available that provides the Best service, cost and service to the consumer. Why not keep you Healthy and Happy.

I see this as a bad trend.

Write letters, tell customer service reps and supervisors about your concerns or it will continue to get worse. :sigh

Dave D

Woooops. Well, get this: After 2 reps at Apria told me they absolutely could not process my order during 2011, a supervisor called me back 2 hours later to say, "Yes, they could." So, kudos to Apria for making good. Just wish they hadn't told me twice that it couldn't be done!

Apria Reviews