Woodbine, Kentucky
2.6

Apria horrible! This company begins with a maze of phone transfers to various departments... I ordered a new mask for the husband's Bi-Pap, after multiple phone calls it arrived 8 months later! But no new hose, filter or card. The machine is 6 years old and when we tried to access the card data it was reading faulty. A cheerless technician returned the original unit and card, no effort to figure out the problem, and pushed us out the door. No help there.

I am on oxygen. They switched over to home fill tanks so that they don't have to even come by. I can't get a new canuala. When trying to order a working regulator it was lost in the system for 11 months! The machine malfunctioned so they replaced it with an older model. One oxygen tank exploded in the car while driving and scared me so much that I pulled over and leaped free from the car. I put the noisy tank on the ground in the parking lot and a couple came to check on me, shaking their heads in disbelief and saying, "Well, that's Apria for ya."

Apparently no service is the standard of care for them. But dang it, breathing is so essential to life.

On a regular basis they send me a letter asking if I have their equipment. When I called the number listed on the letter the maze of customer service agents had no clue why I was responding to them! In one instance the service tech had actually been to the house and so I asked him to visually confirm that he had seen the equipment. Three days later they called to check on the equipment!

The mistakes they make are big and life depends on them. It's very frustrating!

These folks don't know if they are coming or going, are disorganized, apathetic, and confused. The few good service techs leave very quickly.

Product or Service Mentioned: Apria Customer Care.

Comments

We are in Lexington, NC and are having the same problems as you and others that have posted a comment/complaint. My Mother has Heart Failure and a lung condition.

These are serious life threatening issues.

Apria's lacksadaisical approach to providing a service to their patients is disturbing, and irritating. This is someone's life...quality of life...and Apria appears to be unconcerned.

Apria Reviews