Aurora, Colorado

I have been supplied with an Oxygen concentrator by Apria for over 5 years now. Last year I went on Medicare and was required to go through 2 sleep studies and have face to face meeting with my doctor within 30 days which I did.

Apria continued to receive payment from Medicare for the Oxygen concentrator from May of 2014 through October of 2014 (although Medicare did say that 3 of those months were initially denied by Medicare, but then subsequently paid when Apria resubmitted the claims correctly).

Medicare denied Apria's submission of Oxygen claims for Nov and Dec of 2014, and then again in January of 2015.

However, Medicare did pay my Oxygen claims for February, March, April, May, and June of 2015.

For the 3 months that the claims were not paid, I have been put in collections and get harassaing calls every day.

I was finally able to speak to the Billing Department supervisor, Chris Johnson, who explained this anamoly of 3 months out of 12 not being paid by essentially saying that Medicare made a mistake, in effect, syaing that Medicare did not know it's own rules.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments